Monday, May 10, 2021

Double Live Snakes

Back in 2010, I picked up one of my first Whitesnake records. I remember finding a sealed copy of Live... In The Heart Of The City for $5 on eBay and being pretty excited about finding such a great deal. Shortly after, however, I discovered that this was initially released as a double LP, but the one that I'd picked up was only the single LP version. Weak. I knew that at some point I was going to have to fix this oversight and grab the double LP. Eleven years later, I'm finally getting it done.
The single LP version only has the 1980 live set from the Hammersmith Odeon, while the double LP also includes their set from 1978. Both sets are incomplete with some songs dropped so that the recording could fit on a single LP, so I'm kind of disappointed that we don't have the full setlist included to truly document both tours properly.
The 1978 show had been previously released as a Japanese only release titled Live At Hammersmith, so the collector in me feels the need to track down this record as well. Hell, I probably should have skipped this double LP pressing and just picked up that Live At Hammersmith record and called it good alongside my single version of Live... In The Heart Of The City. I'll figure this shit out someday.

No comments: