Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Be Cool

For the past 4 years or so, I've really been on my game when it comes to checking out newer hardcore records. That shit gets me fired up and it's where a lot of my focus has been. If a band gets even the slightest bit of hype, I'm there checking them out. Yet, sometimes there are bands that never enter my periphery. Marcus really delivered earlier this year when he posted about Power Alone, and he managed to surprise me again with Coolside. Both bands had records from Indecision a couple years ago, and somehow I managed to miss out on both of them at the time.
I'm not sure what I was expecting when I opened Spotify to give this Coolside 7 inch a quick listen, but I certainly didn't think it was going to hit me as hard as it did. I absolutely love this record. I'm not really sure who to compare them to, but they just play hardcore the way I like it. It didn't take long before I was hitting up the Indecision store to buy a copy. Thanks for the tip, Marcus, now lets see who can track down that elusive first 7 inch.
500 pressed on this great looking cool blue vinyl.

No comments: