Tuesday, September 06, 2022

Name, Rank & Serial Number

Earlier this year I picked up the Fist album, Back With A Vengeance, as a part of my attempt to fill a lot of holes in my New Wave Of British Heavy Metal collection. As we close in on the last part of the year, the NWOBHM Chase of 2022 hasn't been as successful as I imagined when I started this quest back in January. Sure, I've picked up a couple of big records here and there, but overall once we got passed the initial surge, I've just been too interested in hardcore records and I lost focus on the original goal. Well, if there is anything this blog succeeds at, it is it's unfocused and manic obsessions.
So as I was posting about Back With A Vengeance back in June, it triggered me to finally pick up the first Fist record, the Name, Rank & Serial Number 7 inch. This was the Fist record that introduced me to the band, and while they were a NWOBHM band in the early 80's, I didn't check them out until 2018. Always late to the party, but I was hooked immediately with these two songs. The 7 inch was originally released on Neat, but the band was quickly picked up by MCA, and they reissued the record. The Neat pressing of this 7 inch is really the only way to go.
Catalog number NEAT04, but really the second NWOBHM single that Neat released, and I'm super happy to have it in my collection. It also makes me want to chase those other early Neat singles that I'm missing.

No comments: