Thursday, June 02, 2022

Fistful Of NWOBHM

Fist were a New Wave Of British Heavy Metal band from the early 80's. It took me almost 40 years to finally hear the band when I downloaded a copy of their Name, Rank & Serial Number 7 inch back in 2018. I was knocked over with how great that EP was. Those two songs captured everything that I love about the NWOBHM sound. When I got thinking about making a run at some NWOBHM records in 2022, I knew that I finally needed to pick up something from Fist.
Despite loving the first Fist 7 inch, I hadn't really spent much time with their two full length albums. The second Fist LP, Back With A Vengeance from 1982, has the reputation of being the heavier album from the band, so I queued up the songs on Spotify and was prepared to give them my complete attention. Hot damn. I was immediately hooked, and soon found myself giving it repeat listens. I obviously needed a copy of this and quickly scooped one at a decent price from a US seller on Discogs.
There are different labels with the Neat Records name in either blue, green, red or silver. I tend to think that the blue labels are the first press, so I was happy to grab one of those.

No comments: