Tuesday, May 31, 2022

When Words Are Not Enough

I was a little late to the party for Berthold City. I haven't been interested in Strife since the late 90's, and Internal Affairs never clicked for me...so with Berthold City made up of members from those other bands...it just didn't interest me when I first started hearing about the band in 2018. It took me a year or so to realize my mistake, and as soon as I finally gave the band a chance, I was immediately hooked into what they were doing. The first two 7 inches saw a lot of playing time over the past few years, so when I heard that the band was releasing an album this year, I didn't hesitate to get my preorder in.
I love it when older hardcore dudes can still release something that still sounds urgent and vital, and When Words Are Not Enough delivers that same straight forward hardcore attack they had with the first two 7 inches. I've been listening to a lot of hardcore recently, and this record gives me exactly what I'm looking for.
200 pressed on "orange lava" colored vinyl.

1 comment:

mcs said...

Whoa, this is the first color of this that I have seen that actually looks ok.