Monday, May 16, 2022

Doomsday 2022

I didn't pay any attention to the first Warfare record that Triple B released back in 2018. Other than the Mindset LP, the label didn't seem to have too much going on that year that interested me, so the Warfare record hardly made a blip on my radar. When I picked up the new split with Restraining Order earlier this year, the two Warfare songs were enough to make me want to hear more from the band. Instead of chasing down the first Warfare record, I decided to preorder the new one that the band had on the way.
The split 7 inch with Restraining Order and Warfare was hyped with the tagline of "The Return Of Fast Hardcore". Hell yes. That's what I want to hear, and Warfare continue that spirit with the Doomsday album. 10 songs clocking in at 18 minutes. While I do enjoy these songs, there is something that feels missing here. It is a decent listen, but it isn't really igniting a spark right now. Maybe it is just in the shadows of all the other new records that I've been listening to lately, or maybe I expected more from Sam Triple B and ex-members of Trapped Under Ice and Fury. Who knows, maybe it will click more with repeat listens.
229 pressed with the nuclear pattern colored vinyl.

No comments: