Wednesday, May 18, 2022

World Vengeance Tour '83

As a young kid just getting into heavy metal, I took the opportunity to record a live concert from Judas Priest that was being aired on MTV. I knew very little of the band, and I can't remember if I'd already grabbed a cassette of the Screaming For Vengeance album with my allowance money, but either way, I definitely wanted a copy of this killer show so that I could get to know more. I grabbed my personal handheld tape deck, sat in front of the television, told everyone in the house to stay quiet, and I hit that record button. That dubbed cassette was one of the coolest things that I had at the time and I listened to that fucker over and over.

While this bootleg doesn't give me a vinyl copy of what would eventually be released as Live Vengeance '82, it is still from the World Vengeance Tour and brings back a lot of memories from that concert that I'd recorded from MTV.

This bootleg is from Judas Priest's live set at the US Festival in '83, and while I wish that they had kept songs like Bloodstone and Devil's Child in the setlist for this show, this is still a strong representation of Priest at the time. The recording is from the soundboard so it sounds absolutely fantastic for a boot. The songs from Side D are from a live show at Hammersmith Odeon in 1980, which was the first time that Priest played Breaking The Law and Grinder live, so it was cool to have this tacked on at the end of the US Festival set.
This bootleg was pressed on a few different color vinyl options...because everything needs to be on a stupid amount of different colors today... but seeing how Screaming For Vengeance is known for the yellow cover, the yellow vinyl was the obvious choice for me.

No comments: