Tuesday, May 03, 2022

My Single From Tokyo

A couple of years ago I grabbed a bunch of Japanese pressings for some Deep Purple singles. That was some cool shit, and lead me down a road of chasing a number of Japanese singles that year. After that initial burst of activity, I haven't given much thought to seek out any other Purple singles. When I was picking up 7 inches from Krokus and Whitesnake recently, I noticed that they also had the Woman From Tokyo single as well, and given the low price I added it to my cart before checking out.
I love the look of this front cover. From the bright pink strip at the top, to the live shot bathed in red lights and all the kids pressed up against the stage...very cool.
Both songs for this single, Woman From Tokyo and Super Trouper, are from the '73 album, Who Do We Think We Are... and that record is an underrated classic. I probably pull that record for a spin more than a lot of the other Gillan era Purple albums.

No comments: