Wednesday, May 11, 2022

Szex Witchery At Midnight

It has been ten years since I was first introduced to Midnight, and it blows my mind to think that many years have passed. Christ, I know it was more than a few years, but fuck, ten years? I heard of this band through Sandwell and at the time there was a small group of friends that were blogging about cool records that we'd added to our collection. Not many of us are still keeping up with this nonsense, but I do miss checking in on everyone's blogs. Instagram posts don't hold the same interest. Things change with time and people find other interests, but one that stays consistent is Midnight.
Midnight are five albums in with Let There Be Witchery, and they still have that dirty sound of Venom and Motorhead. The first single from the album, Szex Witchery, even has a nice NWOBHM influence running through it. You know exactly what you are going to get with this band. No surprises...and I love it.
It wouldn't be a Midnight album without a little bit of tits and ass in the packaging. Things are a bit more tame this time around, but still, witches didn't dress like that back in my day.

Clear with black haze vinyl is limited to 200, and was only available through the Midnight bandcamp page.

No comments: