Thursday, June 30, 2022

Red Front Porch

While I was definitely excited for the Pegboy records that Marcus was selling for his friend, the real treasure that I was able to pick up was the colored vinyl pressing for Avail's Front Porch Stories.
Most of the Avail catalog is relatively easy to pick up because, for the most part, those first pressings were only pressed on black vinyl...and we know that the kids really only like to collect those flashy color vinyl options. Front Porch Stories, however, saw a beautiful red vinyl option. This was limited to 218, so in addition to looking great, it is also kind of rare...and therefore it is one of the more expensive Avail records. I've had this on my wantlist for years, but I wasn't sure that I really wanted to drop the money needed to obtain it. When I saw it on the list of records that Marcus was selling, and having the opportunity right there in my face, I suddenly needed to own it.
Marcus happened to be travelling to the US earlier this year, and brought the records across the Atlantic with him. I'm not sure exactly what he was up to while he was here... although I did see a quick video of him vacuuming the REVHQ office, so I assume the he picked up some kind of janitorial job... but I was happy to take advantage of his low shipping costs. Thanks for the records!

1 comment:

mcs said...

Fun fact - I was vacuuming the Rev vault, not the office. From the state of it I may have been the first person ever to do it too.