Tuesday, June 07, 2022

Forget Me Not

I bought a couple of records last year from my old blogger buddy, Chris, when he fell on some hard times financially. Those records weren't anything that I was actively looking to add to the collection, but when presented with the opportunity, I took it...and they ended up being some of my favorite pieces of vinyl that I picked up that year. When he approached me again in March with another offer to buy something from his collection, I was quickly logging into my Paypal account and sending him some money.
The last Shotmaker record, Mouse Ear [Forget-Me-Not], from 1996, isn't my favorite from the band. In fact, when Chris contacted me to ask if I was interested in buying the record from him, I checked my listening stats and noticed that over the past 15 years, I'd only listened to the album once. The Crayon Club, plus the 7 inches and splits have all just been more exciting for me. Mouse Ear [Forget-Me-Not], however, was the only Shotmaker record that I was missing from the collection, so I figured that if I was ever going to pick one up, it made sense to grab it from Chris now.
Revisiting this album with the arrival of the vinyl, I've found that I enjoy these songs more than I remembered. It still isn't as good as their earlier stuff, but I'm still very happy to add this record to the collection. Transparent purple colored vinyl was limited to 500.

No comments: