Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Goodbye Ellston Ave

In recent years, I picked up some Pinhead Gunpowder records... no... check that... it was six years ago. Damn, it feels like I just bought them a couple years ago. Either way, at that time, I grabbed some of their early records and I threw the Goodbye Ellston Avenue record onto my Discogs wantlist. I figured that I'd pick it up relatively quick, but the years quickly passed by and I didn't make a move on it. The first press on Lookout Records was only pressed on black vinyl and it didn't seem very collectible, so I was in no rush and figured that I could grab a copy whenever I wanted to. When Marcus was selling some of his friends records recently, I saw that Pinhead Gunpowder LP on the list, so I figured that it was finally time to get it into my collection.
Pinhead Gunpowder are just a the perfect summertime band. They are upbeat and catchy with just enough snotty attitude to make you want to walk out of your workday and fuck around.
Sure there were plenty of colored vinyl reissues for Goodbye Ellston Avenue, but for me, the first press on Lookout was the only way to go. Man, that font on the backcover for the song titles is hard on the eyes.

No comments: