Wednesday, October 26, 2022

This Is Struck Nerve Hardcore

When I first heard the Rattle The Cage record from Struck Nerve at the end of 2020, I wasn't too excited over it. I thought it was okay, but it wasn't something that I returned to very often. By the time the vinyl arrived ten months later, those songs were finally clicking with me, and now I'm loving this record... so much so that I'm apparently buying additional copies now.
Youngblood had made some special covers of the Rattle The Cage Record for This Is Hardcore 2022, and when they had a few leftover after the fest, they threw them up in the webstore. Luckily, I was paying attention and was able to quickly grab one. Numbered out of 50 made.
I really dig the look of this metallic silver ink on the black cardstock. Damn. I didn't mean for this to snowball, but now I want the test press with the gold ink... and while I'm at it, I also would like the record release cover. For a record that I initially wasn't interested in collecting, my position on that has changed quite a bit since this TIHC2022 pressing arrived.

No comments: