Sunday, October 30, 2022

Another Combust Life

We are closing in on the end of the year, and I still have a lot of new releases that I've got to get up here on the blog before the end of 2022. I better step up my production or I'll never get it done.
Combust were a band that I discovered a couple years ago with their 12 inch for The Void. That record was a great surprise with it's Cro-Mags / Killing Time vibe, and I was excited to see what the band was going to do next. As soon as preorders went up for their new record, Another Life, I was in there getting myself a copy. The only options for colored vinyl were shitty splatter patterns, so either way, I was going to lose on that front. I tried to pick the least offensive option with the blue with red splatter pattern.
The album itself is exactly what I was looking for from Combust. The band wear those NYHC influences on their sleeves, and at times I felt like a song was going to slide into something from Killing Time's Brightside. This thing is like a long lost In-Effect record. Great stuff.
The album comes with a poster, which would be super cool if I was 18 again.

No comments: