Thursday, October 20, 2022

The Impact Of Life Force

When I went back, last year, and started digging into some of the recent New Age Records releases, one of the bands that I discovered was Life Force. The band play a pretty straight forward style of hardcore, with a slightly modern sound. They are very much a straight edge band, with X's all over their records, so I was sold on them and picked up their album last year. It is a solid record and I figured that it was about time that I grabbed their 7 inch as well.
The Impact was originally released back in 2019 on Blind Rage Records. Since New Age released the Life Force LP, it looks like they have taken ownership of the 7 inch and have given that one a 2022 reissue. The songs here are good, but the LP is definitely a step up. Still, it's a good spin when I want to listen to newer hardcore records.
When I bought the Hope And Defiance album through Discogs, the seller sent me a different color vinyl version than the one that I had ordered. I wanted the black, white and blue stripe color, which looks great with the cover art, and instead I got some orange and blue swirl that isn't very exciting. I didn't sweat it and decided to just keep it. When I ordered The Impact 7 inch from New Age, I had added the blue vinyl to the cart. As they were preparing to ship my order, New Age sent me an email to apologize because they no longer had the blue vinyl. They offered me a refund or the latest 77 pressing on orange vinyl. Not wanting to mess around and have to chase down a different version, I agreed to just take the orange (even though it looks red in these photos). If Life Force release another record, maybe I'll actually get the colored vinyl that I order.

No comments: