Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Dragnet

When I was recently picking up a few cheap 7 inches from a Discogs seller, I noticed that they also had a Dragnet 7 inch on colored vinyl available. I do own a CD for the We're All Cutthroats album that I picked up in the early 2000's, but I honestly couldn't tell you single thing about it other than they were in a similar vein as the thrashier hardcore bands were doing at the time, like Tear It Up and Knife Fight. I suppose that I could have pulled out that CD to refresh my memory and see if the band was worth my time in 2022, but fuck it, it is more fun to just buy random records, so I added it to the cart.
One of the reasons that I just purchased this record blindly was because of that Mike Bukowski artwork. You could find his work on a number of records from that time, and this simple black and white artwork with the blood splatter across the eyes worked for me and I wanted to own it.
This is some raw hardcore and initially I was a bit put off by the sound, but after a few spins I started to dig that rough and ragged style. Cool stuff that really defines that early 2000's thrashcore style.

No comments: