Sunday, October 09, 2022

Colored Vinyl Collision

A couple of years ago, I picked up a colored vinyl single from Rhythm Collision. I hadn't bought any Rhythm Collision colored vinyl prior to that, and I'd never really given much thought to collecting singles from the band, but that one inexpensive 7 inch was kind of fun to pick up. When I was picking up a few records from a Discogs seller at the beginning of summer, and noticed they had a Rhythm Collision single available for under $4, I figured that I'd grab it because who doesn't like fun?
The single, released in 1990, contains two songs that would show up on the band's first album, Pressure, from '91. So there isn't anything really special about this 7 inch, other than the great looking red colored vinyl.
This single was an early release in the Dr. Strange Records catalog, and even though the Rhythm Collision albums were on the label as well, I never really think of them as a Dr. Strange band. In fact, other than the Gameface Three To Get Ready album, and maybe New Hampshire locals Sinkhole, I can't think of any other Dr. Strange release that interests me... but yeah, Rhythm Collision is probably the best band on the label's roster.

No comments: