Monday, November 07, 2022

Pink Guns Poolside

All Guns Poolside, from Redemption 87, was originally released back in 1998 only on CD. I was only buying CDs at the time, so it was no problem for me at the time to have that format as the only option. Blackout is finally giving it a vinyl release, and since it is 2022, there has to be eight different colors through various exclusive stores. None of that matters to me, and I'm not going to sweat trying to get more limited versions on some nasty looking color... fuck that, I'm just going to grab the one that I think might look best, and when given the option, I've got to go with pink vinyl.
While I've always liked All Guns Poolside, it is an uneven album. The first side is definitely the strongest here with a bunch of new songs which are still a blast to listen to today. Then, over on the flipside we get some cover songs and a few demo recordings, which are kind of cool, I guess, but always just left me wishing there was more newer Redemption 87 songs instead. Still, after 24 years, it is cool to finally have this on vinyl.
This was listed as "opaque neon pink" in the Blackout store, but this definitely looks more translucent, which I think is a better look here. 300 pressed.

No comments: