Monday, November 14, 2022

Different Points Of View

New Years Eve weekend, 1993 going into 1994, was the New Bedford Fest. Three days of hardcore bands, and it was pretty amazing. Strife, Snapcase and Earth Crisis all played the first day and my friend set up his video camera at the back of the gym to record most of the sets that day. I still have the VHS tape from that recording, even though the quality is as bad as you would expect. I discovered a few new bands that weekend, and picked up records from merch tables. One of those records was a 7 inch from Point Of View. I've had that record in my collection for close to 30 years, and only recently discovered a couple of different covers that were made... so of course I was going to need them.
Point Of View were a hardcore band out of New Jersey, and only released this one 7 inch in 1992 (although they also had a song on the Spirit Of Solitude comp along with Ashes, Framework and Policy of 3). The band definitely fit that early 90's hardcore sound.
When I was picking up that House Of Suffering record that I'd recently discovered, I found that the seller also had the Point Of View 7 inch with the "temporary cover". I didn't think that I needed multiple copies of this record, but discovering this alternate cover set me straight on that.
As I was discovering the temporary cover, I also found out about another cover variant. Yeah, I can't refuse more early 90's hardcore records. Just give them all to me.
While the other versions of the Point Of View 7 inch have been from Faded Image Records (that was run by Pat, the guitar player, and this record was their only release), this third cover was from Reflection Records (which released stuff from Framework, Counterpunch, and Green Rage).
Not a single piece of colored vinyl, but I've got all three covers that were made for this thing. Which one looks the best?

1 comment:

mcs said...

Pretty sure I used to own the one on the far right in the last photo. Must have sold or traded it away though as I don't have it anymore. I also have no memory of what this sounds like.