Saturday, November 05, 2022

Wall Breaker

When I was picking up a record from a Discogs seller recently, I was surprised when they sent me a message asking if I was the one that did the One Thing That Still Holds True blog. I'm not sure how he made the connection, but I'm assuming there aren't a bunch of Mike's from Maine obsessively buying hardcore records. It was kind of funny to be recognized by a record order. We exchanged a couple of messages, and he mentioned that he was going to throw in a free 7 inch based on what I was buying.
I've known about the band Wall Breaker for years, but made no moves to check them out. I was aware that the singer, Ken, was working on a book that covers the early 2000's thrashcore bands... plus he was straight edge... and you would have thought that this would have had me rushing to check out his band, but I was still a bit hesitant. Getting this record for free certainly helped to get me to pay attention to them.
Given the musical influence that Ken comes from, I probably shouldn't have been as surprised as I was by this 7 inch. This thing is really good! Wall Breaker's sound definitely fits in with that early 2000's thrashy style, except they aren't quite as rough and raw. It definitely has me interested to check what else the band has been up to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome! = )