Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Straight Edge Pride

You'll never see me get tired of straight edge hardcore. I'll never get to the point where it leaves me bored because I've heard it before. If new bands keep showing up and writing new songs, I'm there for it. Forever. When I saw Statement Of Pride show up as a recommended band on Spotify, I figured that I'd check them out.
A Fire Inside and Summer '22 were both cassette releases for Statement of Pride, but thankfully Crimewave Records combined the two of them and gave them a vinyl release. Man, this shit is so good. When I first heard these songs, I thought they really reminded me of some other band but I was having trouble putting my finger on it. At the end of the A Fire Inside EP they do a cover song of Cataract from Strain... yeah, I think that is who they remind me of. Plus they drop some Outspoken lyrics into one of their songs, and in 2022, I find that to be so fucking cool. My heart still beats!
It was recently announced that Youngblood will be releasing an EP from Statement Of Pride soon, so I'm stoked for that.

No comments: