Thursday, July 14, 2022

Get Bent Blue

I still get off on new music. Even at my age, I still find plenty of newer bands that give me a charge and keep me excited about hardcore...and 2022, has given me a lot to be stoked about. I've only blogged about a few of those new records so far, but man, there is a lot of good shit coming.
One of the newer bands that I've recently discovered is Bent Blue. I first heard of them shortly after the new Berthold City album arrived from War Records a few months back. I was itching for more new hardcore, and noticed the Bent Blue 12 inch in the War Records store. Even with that horrible record cover, I still jumped into Spotify to check them out. Very quickly, I liked what I heard and within minutes, I was adding the vinyl to my cart and checking out.
Apparently this record is an expanded version of the band's demo from 2020. While I liked Between Your And You're when I first streamed those songs, I didn't really have full appreciation until I put the record on my turntable the other day and sat down with the lyric sheet. Holy fuck. The lyrics cover topics of school shootings, immigration, and the impossible American Dream that older generations expect the youth to still achieve. Those words, combined with music in the vein of bands like Rites Of Spring...I'm just blown away by how much I'm digging this. Very powerful. Bent Blue have a new record out later this year, and I'm already looking forward to it.

No comments: