Friday, July 29, 2022

Demo 08 Test Press

As I continue to sink into dementia and short term memory loss, thinking that I'm still in 2010 and having fun buying multiple copies of records, I figured that I might as well pick up my fifth copy of the Alert demo 7 inch.
Alert were a straight edge band from Massachusetts that released this demo plus a 7 inch on Six Feet Under Records. I saw the band play live a number of times while they were around, and to give you an idea of how different those days were, when I introduced myself to the singer, he was like "Oh hey, you are that guy that does the record collecting blog!" Ahhh...the glory days of blogger celebrity. Ha! Here I am all those years later still writing this nonsense and buying the same records.
I love the front cover design for the test pressing of the Alert demo 7 inch. I have an old Alert shirt with this design, so it is cool to see it used here as well. Number 2 of 18.

3 comments:

mcs said...

This is a pretty cool one. Never seen it before.

And yes, it certainly was a different era when people used to actually read these things.

Mike Puffer said...

Funny to see this post after a random google search. I'm pretty sure 3-4 of these were lost in a house fire. I hope things are going well with you and the family!
-Mike Puffer

Mike said...

Puffer! Dude, it is good to hear from you. I think about you from time to time... especially when I'm remembering those Cape Cod Ragnar runs. Man, I hope things are going great for you too.