Tuesday, August 02, 2022

No One Cares

I really loved those early Outbreak records when they were released, but over the last ten years, I kind of forgot about them. Not surprising since that ten year period through the 2000's fell into my blindspot over recent years. I've been digging into that overlooked decade this year, and it has been a blast rediscovering some of this stuff.
When the first Outbreak 7 inch was released in 2002, I was still focused on CDs. In a couple of years, I would completely change my position on preferring CDs, and by 2004 I was buying multiple copies of colored vinyl for the You Make Us Sick EP. However, for Eaten Alive, here we were twenty years later, and I still didn't own a single vinyl copy. I've been listening to the songs from that 7 inch a lot this year, and figured that it was finally time to grab the record.
This record is vicious. Five songs, with three of them not even breaking 40 seconds... man, this record is just on attack mode from start to finish. Pure anger from these young kids from Maine.

2 comments:

mcs said...

Didn't realise they were from Maine. I guess they probably live a couple of streets away from you, right?
I have two different colours of the Think Fast! pressing, but I'm not sure whether I even knew it was pressed on a different label before that. One of these red vinyl copies would be nice at some point.

Johnny said...

I'm really digging these posts of records from the first decade of the millennium. I do remember listening to Outbreak when they first came about, but the three posts before this one, I barely recall ever hearing of those bands, much less hearing the actual records. After about 2006, I didn't really pay any attention to new hardcore bands for a good 5 years or so, so it's fun to catch up. I've been listening to those three bands on Spotify, and they just rip.