Monday, August 29, 2022

Hate Uber Alles

Kreator is a classic thrash metal band. Man, that string of records from the Flag Of Hate EP in '86, straight through to Coma Of Souls in '90, is a hell of a run. Each one is a ripper, and I have no problem dipping into any of those records when I need something raw and angry. Outside of those six records (yeah, I'm including the Out Of The Dark EP in there) I don't spend any time with the rest of the Kreator catalog. The band pushed their boundaries through the 90's, and I'm not really compelled to revisit or even own those albums...and even though Kreator got back to some thrash roots in 2001 with Violent Revolution, and released some solid records since then, when I'm in the mood for Kreator I always hit that 80's output. Still when it was announced that Kreator had new album, Hate Uber Alles, on the way, I was sucked into the hype once again and I ordered a copy.
Like the past few Kreator albums, Hate Uber Alles is pretty good. There are times when I find myself really liking it, and then it kind of fades into background music and by the time the album is over, I don't remember much of what I've heard. Hell, with both Phantom Antichrist (2012) and Gods Of Violence (2017), I have barely given those albums any attention once we moved into a new year after it was released. Maybe I'll get a kick out of giving them a spin at some point down the road, but right now, I'm just kind of shrugging my shoulders. I don't see that Hate Uber Alles will be much different. It is nice to hear some new Kreator songs, but really, I think that all I need are those classic records.
The record may be decent, but the packaging is top notch. I love that front cover artwork, and I'm glad to have this in my collection for that alone. 400 pressed on a nice looking clear ink spot in red colored vinyl.

No comments: