Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Almighty Watching

Almighty Watching had a track on Volume 5 of the America's Hardcore comp that Triple B released last year. That comp was ridiculous with 39 songs by 38 different bands. Almost an hour and a half of music. It was too much for my brain, and it should be no surprise that some bands flew by me and didn't get any attention. One of the bands that I missed was Almighty Watching. It may have been the religious implication of the band name, but I paid them very little attention on that AHC comp.
Sometimes the Spotify algorithm knows what it is doing, and when it dropped an Almighty Watching song into my mix, I immediately dropped what I was doing and had to find out who this band was. I'm not sure who they remind me of... online hype mentions bands like Stillsuit and Mind Over Matter... and Almighty Watching definitely has a 90's hardcore vibe, so those bands seem like a good enough reference point. Whatever the comparisons are, this is surprisingly great, and it wasn't long before I needed to get my hands on this 7 inch.
There were 100 pressed on clear vinyl, and surprisingly this is still available in the Scheme Records store.

No comments: