Tuesday, August 16, 2022

12 Inches Of Heavy Metal Love

It seems that most people don't care about singles, so of course that just makes me want to collect them. One man's indifference is bound to be my obsession. Sure, it feels kind of pointless adding them to the collection, but there is no doubt that I still get a big kick out of buying them now an then. When I was flipping through the used bins during a quick shopping trip at Moody Lords in Portland, I came across this UK 12 inch single for Heavy Metal Love from Helix.
Dude, I was all over this style of music a few years ago, and I was a man on a mission, filling holes in my collection for stuff like this. I've been more focused on hardcore lately, and it has been a while since I've give Helix a spin, but this single is a nice reminder on what a good time they can be.
Two songs here from the 1983 album, No Rest For The Wicked, a song from their 1981 album, White Lace & Black Leather, plus one exclusive track with Everybody Pays The Price. This is a cool collection of songs, and at five dollars, the price was right.

No comments: