Sunday, July 17, 2022

The Color Vinyl Conviction

Outside of the A18 albums finally getting a vinyl pressing in 2016, I really hadn't given the band much thought over that past 10 years or so. Discovering the Dear Furious 7 inch last year kind of put them back on the radar. When I was picking up a record from a seller recently on Discogs and saw that they also had an A18 7 inch available for only $4, I grabbed it.
I've never paid any attention to the A18 7 inches, so I wasn't sure what I was getting with this one. Initially, I was a bit disappointed to see that the Defining The Color Conviction record contained a couple of songs that ended up on the Forever After Nothing album. Everything was cool once I heard these versions though. The songs here were recorded a couple of years earlier than the Forever album, and the versions on this 7 inch are raw as fuck. These are great songs anyway, but man, here they are so vicious. Throw in an exclusive song and an Antidote cover, and this record is definitely worth owning.
620 pressed on red vinyl.
The sticker that was included on the poly bag for this 7 inch made me chuckle. "Southern California's Most Hated"? Did people have beef with this band at one time or is there a joke that I missed here? Ha ha...I have no idea what is happening.

No comments: