Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Positive Change Tour 2009

I was a collector nut back in 2009, and I was buying multiple copies of any new record that I was even the slightest bit interested in. My motto was "The more the better" and I was excited to buy three or four copies of a record. I really got away from this collector mindset the last five years or so, and have been content with buying just a single copy of a new record, but lately I've felt that old itch coming back. Recently I've been listening to a lot of hardcore records that are 10 to 15 years old, and it has put me back in that old collector mindset. I don't imagine that many people care about collecting this shit in 2022, so it gives me a charge to dig in and pick up more copies of those old forgotten records.
Face Reality was a straight edge band out of Michigan, and after their Positive Change 7 inch, the band went on to release records with Youngblood and Back To Back Records. For me though, the band was never as good as that first record. Positive Change just has that youthful energy and charm, that their other records couldn't match.
When I found a Discogs seller with the Positive Change tour press for sale, I didn't hesitate to snatch it up. Numbered and limited to 27, with a cheap photo copied paper cover, it put a smile on my face to get this. This one was a great reminder of how much fun record collecting can be.
I know that there was a red vinyl pressing, and there was also a blue vinyl option for the first Face Reality 7 inch. This tour press appears to be the perfect blend of the two. Damn. Remember when colored vinyl looked great?

No comments: