Monday, July 25, 2022

Lost In A Crowd

In March of 2012, I placed an order with Camp Records for the You've Lost 7 inch from Caught In A Crowd. The label was kind of a mess and it took them 15 months to finally get my records out in the mail. After that clusterfuck, it was no surprise that we never heard from Camp Records again. Still, it looks like the label was able to get some records to the band in time for the 4/28/12 record release show. Ten years later I was able to pick up a copy.
The record release version of You've Lost comes with a nice looking cover. It is a bit more of a straight forward design compared to the pink and pastels of the original cover, and makes for a good variant. I dig it. I'm even more stoked on this because having number 1 of 50 is pretty cool.
Ten years old and this record is still great. I was lucky to see Caught In A Crowd play at the Vantage Point record release show in 2019, and the band still delivered their songs with fire and passion. CIAC had been broken up for years at that point, releasing their last 7 inch through React Records in 2013, but it was wild to see them still play with that energy all those years later and it makes me wonder what they would have done next if they'd stuck around for another year or so.

No comments: