Monday, June 07, 2021

Dear Furious

I've had a weird relationship with A18. When they were putting out records in the early 2000's, I really liked what the band was doing, but as time moved on I grew tired of them. Issac's vocals were quite grating and it got to the point where they were really rubbing me the wrong way, and I figured that I never needed to listen to the band again. I got to this point 10+ years after the last A18 record, and right around that time a couple the those dudes decided to get together with some Mean Season guys to form Dear Furious (named after the last A18 record).
I obviously ignored that Dear Furious record, but when Marcus posted about it earlier this year, I thought that maybe I'd give it a chance. Upon my first listen, I struggled with Issac's vocals during the first song...however, by the end of the record I had gotten used to it and was kind of enjoying it. After spinning those songs a few times, I was excited over discovering this record and knew I needed to track down the vinyl. Somehow the '77 pressing was still available at New Age Records so I jumped in and grabbed one.
I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying this thing. The packaging is outstanding and I love the look of the cover art, and these songs are killer...I've even gone back to the A18 stuff and find that I appreciate it again. This 7 inch was released back in 2017, but hopefully the band has more to give.

No comments: