Thursday, June 24, 2021

Inhumane Harvest

I don't listen to a lot of death metal, but in those instances when I want something a bit more over the top and mean, Cannibal Corpse deliver. I really only listen the Corpsegringer era of Cannibal Corpse, and I own their last four albums. While I like them, they don't get a ton of playing time, so when the band announced that they had a new album coming out in 2021, I thought that I might skip it. As soon as I saw the cover art for Violence Unimagined I changed my mind and knew that I needed to own it.
The band released the album with two different covers, with one being more subdued than the other. For me, only the craziest, goriest option would do. This thing is so wild and over the top. I love it.
Musically, this is exactly what you'd expect from Cannibal Corpse. I've only listened to it a few times but I aleady think it might be better than their previous record, Red Before Black. In classic Cannibal Corpse fashion they released a gruesome video for the lead single off the album, Inhuman Harvest. Such a great introduction to the album.
The album comes with a great 28 page booklet.
The booklet is amazing, with each song getting it's own double page spread with lyrics and artwork.
The insert for the download code comes with the regular album artwork, and while not as great as the uncensored cover, it still looks pretty cool.

No comments: