Sunday, June 27, 2021

Drug Test / R'N'R

Earlier this year I spent a short time obsessing over forgotten hardcore bands from the mid-2000's. At that time I felt compelled to pick up another copy of the Drug Test 7 inch for some reason, and in the process I realized that I'd never even heard their split with R'N'R. Time to fix that.
I probably skipped this record back in 2005 because the Drug Test side totals just over two minutes, and I've never been too excited over R'N'R. It seemed like I wouldn't be getting much in return at that time, so I passed on it. When I was picking up a few records from a Discogs seller recently, I saw that they had the split available for cheap, and 16 years later it seemed like a good time to finally pick it up...however, after checking the sales history for this record and seeing that it has sold for 75 cents a few years ago, I now feel like I may have overspent at $5.
This is a cool little record from a time in hardcore that it seems that most people overlook (I know that I tend to). The R'N'R songs are okay, and there are only two of them so they are finished before the vocals can start to get under my skin, and the Drug Test songs are a nice addition to the ones from their Needle In Your Neck 7 inch. 203 pressed on white vinyl.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Seriously. I could have used the money that I wasted to buy another copy of Needle In Your Neck.