Sunday, June 06, 2021

Cutting Through Empathy

I first heard Cutting Through when I downloaded their demo a few years ago. Given that it had ex-members of bands like Get The Most and Fired Up, I had really high expectations for the band, but unfortunately that demo fell a bit flat and failed to grab me right out of the gate. After that demo in 2016, the band followed up with a couple of records with New Age, and I promptly ignored both of them.
When Marcus was catching up with some New Age Records releases earlier this year, I was desperate to listen to some newer hardcore bands so I followed his lead and started checking out a few records that I'd missed out on the first time around. One of the records that he'd posted about was the Empathy 7 inch from Cutting Through and it seems like a good time for me to revisit the band.
While this still doesn't deliver the hooks that we saw with Get The Most and Fired Up, this is still a good straight forward hardcore record. I'm about three years late for this 7 inch, but the timing was perfect for me to dig into it this year as it delivers exactly what I was looking for.

No comments: