Sunday, December 12, 2021

Horizon Hardcore

It's funny how two of my favorite finds this year were for 7 inch comps from 30 years ago. A few months ago I discovered the Beneath the Wheel comp with Admiral and Greyhouse, and then a month or so after that I found the Horizon Hardcore comp. Both were from 1991, and I didn't even know that either of them existed until this year.
When I discovered the Horizon Hardcore comp recently, I was floored. How have I never heard about this record? The 7 inch contains some great bands from the early 90's and this record could be the kid brother to the Words To Live By comp from New Age Records. How it has flown under my radar for the last 30 years is a fucking mystery.
I first discovered this comp when the new Encounter 7 inch finally arrived in September. I started digging into their Discogs page, and was totally shocked when I looked at the page for all the compilations that the band had appeared on. What the fuck is this? A Horizon Records Hardcore Compilation? A song from Encounter named Solitude? How have I never heard this song before? Plus there is a Flagman song here that I've never heard as well? Give it to me. I don't fucking care how much it costs.
While this comp is worth owning for the Encounter and Flagman songs, the early recordings from Ressurection and Lifetime songs are pretty cool to hear as well.

1 comment:

mcs said...

I'm not sure exactly when I picked up my copy of this 7". But I'm pretty sure that I have owned it for more than half of my life.