Thursday, December 30, 2021

No Time, Too Much Pressure

A box just landed in my mailbox today, so I've got to quickly get this post up before I start working on my 2021 recap to end the year.
I'd seen the name Time And Pressure thrown around a few times over the summer and given that I was hot to check out new bands, I queued them up... it also didn't hurt that the band name was the same as one of Mindset's 7 inches. I was hoping for something similar to Mindset, but instead I got something a bit different and maybe more in line with Ruiner from the late 2000's. While it wasn't what I was expecting, it certainly had my attention and had me revisiting it often. This shit was surprisingly very good, and once the vinyl arrived I quickly had to get this post up so that I could include it in my Top 10 list for the year.
I grabbed the REVHQ exclusive on yellow vinyl, but damn, seeing how much I'm loving this record, I kind of want the confetti splatter pressing... which is very weird for me, seeing how I'm not a fan of splatter, but there is something about that pressing that looks nice next to the cover... hell, any of the Safe Inside pressings look great with the cover. Instead, I have yellow.

No comments: