Monday, December 06, 2021

How Flowers Scowl

A couple months ago, I wanted to get an idea if any cool bands were coming down the pike, so I was looking at the preorder page over at REVHQ. I saw the record cover for a band I don't think that I'd heard of called Scowl. Their logo reminded me of Give, and with the description that mentioned influences of 80's hardcore and punk, I knew that I'd have to check them out.
I did a quick search on youtube and found a live studio session that was recorded earlier this year, and I figured that I'd check it out. I was in awe. I don't typically watch live recordings, but with this, I couldn't tear my eyes away. In fact, as soon as it was done, I was immediately jumping into another live set from Scowl. The band just raged, and Kat's fierce vocals had me hooked. I knew that I was going to have to get my preorder in for How Flowers Grow.
Preordering this record made me feel like I was kind of ahead of the pack. I wasn't coming in six months to a year late... poking my head out from a cave to check out what has been happening while I've been asleep. This time I felt, at least for a few seconds anyway, like I was actually in touch.

No comments: