Tuesday, December 21, 2021

No Rest For The Wicked

A month or so back, I picked up the first Anthrax album from an eBay seller. That record was in top condition and I was happy with whole exchange. The seller and I sent a few messages back and forth, and when he mentioned that he was slowly listing a few pieces of his collection each week, I knew that I was going to have to keep an eye on his auctions. A couple of weeks later I found myself back and placing a bid.
A couple years back, I rediscovered a few bands from my early teens that I'd completely forgotten about. Bands that really helped to lead me down the path of heavy metal. They may seem kind of light weight these days, but back then they were a huge influence. One of those bands was Helix. I grabbed a couple of their records back in 2019 when I was getting down with this band again, and while I'd also wanted a copy of No Rest For The Wicked, it just didn't happen at that time. When I saw that my new favorite eBay seller had a copy available I was able to grab it as the only bidder.
No Rest For The Wicked was Helix's major label debut in 1983. I know that either my brother or I had the cassette for this album, but when I revisited it a couple years ago, I had no recollection of any of these songs. As kids, we probably didn't stick with Helix very long before we were off chasing something heavier and faster, but now...man, this record is so much fucking fun. The title track is probably my favorite Helix song ever. So good.

No comments: