Wednesday, December 08, 2021

To All The Fakers

I try to stay away from buying discography records these days, but every once in a while I'll make an exception. I was obsessed with One up a few years back and bought a bunch of records for the collection, so when Hellminded announced the discography LP I was interested in checking it out.
For me, the main draw to pick up a copy of Many Miles Long was that this was the first time the songs from It's Time To Believe were pressed on vinyl. Somehow that album was only released on CD, so I was not going to miss out on finally having the chance to get them on vinyl. In addition to those songs, I was surprised to discover that this discography includes two unreleased songs from The Single recording session. Fuck yes. It's cool to finally hear these songs 15+ years later.
Many Miles Long was pressed on three different versions of colored vinyl, with each one limited to 100. I grabbed the bubblegum swirl version.
If you were signed up to receive the Hellminded email newsletter, the label sent you a code that allowed you to get in early and place your order before the preorders were available to the public...so a pre-preorder. There were 15 copies of the test press available, and with the Speak Out tribute cover, I really wanted one for myself.
I really like the look of this special cover for the test press, and the upside down REV star is a nice touch.
Number 24 of 25. Good deal!

No comments: