Friday, December 10, 2021

Two Step To Hell

A couple years ago, I picked up the Chain Whip album, 14 Lashes. The songs were packed with a frantic punk rock energy that I loved... a bit pissed off, but they still knew how to have a good time.
When I saw that the band was back with a new 12 inch EP, I was excited to check it out. What I wasn't excited about was the colored vinyl options. I think that the clear vinyl was already sold out, which wasn't a surprise since it was limited to only 50, and that left a metallica silver option. I hate the look of silver colored vinyl, so I started to procrastinate, and then much quicker than I anticipated that option was sold out as well, and I was left with only black vinyl. The album was then pressed by some UK label, but I wasn't hot to pay overseas shipping, and soon those were sold out too. With a heavy sigh, I decided I better just settle for the black vinyl before that one was gone as well. It's all good though, because I'm actually happy with how the black vinyl looks with the orange and black colorway for the cover.
In the end, these six songs from the Two Step To Hell EP are great. The band recorded these songs during the pandemic last year, and as the blurb from their bandcamp page states, these songs are "meaner, faster, and a bit more pissed off". Right on.

No comments: