Saturday, August 11, 2012

Still Killing It

I can't believe that big Metal labels are still dragging their feet on pressing vinyl for North America. Just about every new release from a Metal band that I've bought this year has been an import. Oh well, I guess if I want it on vinyl, I'll have to pay for it.

With Overkill's latest album, The Electric Age, Nuclear Blast gives us six different options for colored vinyl, plus a picture disc. Damn, that is a lot of choices. Plus, some of them were pressed in small amounts...100 on neon yellow, and 150 each of red and white vinyl. I don't get stupid over Metal vinyl, like I do for Hardcore, so one copy is enough for me. Still, I can't help but think how nice it would be to have one of those rare colors in my collection.

I've always been a big fan of Overkill, and would chose them over both Anthrax and Megadeth in my personal Big Four list. Their last couple of albums, Immortalis and Ironbound, have been excellent Thrash records, and with The Electric Age, Overkill keep the streak going. Easily one of my favorite Metal records for this year.

No comments: