Friday, January 25, 2019

Another Dimension

Back in 2017, I found myself on a mission to pick up a bunch of records that were hitting their 30th anniversary that year, and I went on a 1987 shopping spree. During that time, I knocked off some big time records from my Want List, and it was a ton of fun immersing myself in the playlist from that year.

As Summer was winding down last year, it dawned on me that I'd forgotten all about carrying that theme over to 2018, and chasing records from 1988.

In September, I tried to kick start things for a 1988 obsession, and I grabbed a copy of Voivod's Dimension Hatross record. Unfortunately, I couldn't get that mindset to stick, and this ended up being the only album I was able to cross off the list. Overall, I just couldn't stay focused, and my attention kept getting pulled towards the '83 and '84 years when I really first started to get into metal. Sorry 1988, you got a bad deal...I'm hoping that 1989 has better luck this year.

I've been wanting to finally grab this record for years, and there have been times that I'd get hooked on just listening to these songs on repeat. This is easily my favorite Voivod album, so if I had to pick one record from 1988, I'm glad that this was the one that I picked up.

Original German Noise pressing, with the insert for The Voivod Story.

No comments: