Tuesday, November 02, 2021

Blue Bomber

As we enter the last couple of months for the year, I wanted to make another move on the Top Wants list that I post in the sidebar for this blog each year. I'm typically unfocused and all over the map with my record collecting... I get excited about chasing a record, but then when I don't immediately pull the trigger for one reason or another, I forget about it and move on to the next shiny object that captures my attention... this list helps me set a couple of goals and not lose sight of a few records that I really want to add to the collection.
When I recently picked up a Motorhead bootleg, it got me thinking about the pressing of Bomber that I'd added to my Top Wants list at the start of the year. I've been wanting the UK Bronze pressings for the classic early Motorhead records for while now, and I've slowly picked off a few of them. The Bomber album was the next logical stop in my quest. For Overkill and Ace Of Spades, I went with the standard black vinyl pressing, and I was content with that... but for Bomber, I wanted one of those early colored vinyl pressings. It seems that Bronze did these colored vinyl pressings for some of their releases. I grabbed one for the Girlschool record I picked up a few years ago, and it was cool to grab Bomber on blue.
Just like Overkill and Ace Of Spades, Bomber is absolute perfection. Each song is a perfect fit into the record, and it plays so smoothly that it's over before I realize it... and then I immediately want to listen to it again.

No comments: