Thursday, November 11, 2021

Want List Full Of Metal

The Chromium Dioxide channel over on Youtube recently posted a video on the dangers of drinking and eBaying. It was a fantastic celebration of poor decisions and impulse spending for records, and I wanted a piece of that action. My Top Wants list for 2021 was staring me in the face, and I wanted to ignore price tags and see what kind of trouble I could get into. I don't need alcohol to influence me into doing some damage when record shopping.
The Fistful Of Metal album from Anthrax has been near the top of my want list for more years than I'd care to mention. I went nuts over those silver Megaforce labels for a while, but it has been a few years since I've picked one up, so it felt good to get back to it. I didn't end up with a triple digit price tag, so I don't think that I got suckered into spending too much, and this thing is in such great condition, so who fucking cares how much it cost.
Shortly after winning this eBay auction, the seller sent me a message to thank me for the purchase and he mentioned that he was 65 years old and was selling off his collection, listing a few records each weekend. It got me thinking about my own mortality and where I might be at that age. 65 for me is only in another 15 years. What the fuck? I've been doing this blog for 15 years, and to think that in another 15 I might be in a position where I've got to sell my collection kind of fucked me up mentally. Realistically, how long can I keep this up? Am I just wasting time acquiring things that I'm just going to have to eventually sell off. What's the point? Tough questions came to the surface that I fully intend to bury under the purchases of more records.

1 comment:

Screaming For Records said...

Fantastic post!!