Saturday, November 06, 2021

Blue Beaker

Back in the early 90's I picked up the Phleg Camp split with Fuel and those two songs were fantastic. They drew obvious influence from what Dischord was releasing a few years previous, and they nailed that sound. A couple of years later I saw their Blind 7 inch at a local record store and I quickly snatched it up. That record was such a dud that it took me 27 years before I dared to give one of their other records a chance.
When I was picking up the Three Penny Opera LP from a Discogs seller recently, I noticed that they also had the Phleg Camp Beaker 7 inch available. It was on blue vinyl and it was released in 1991, so for a few bucks I decided to take a chance on it.
Yes! This is exactly what I was looking for, and it pairs with the Three Penny Opera record perfectly. I've been playing the two of them back to back repeatedly since they have arrived.

No comments: