Monday, November 29, 2021

Consolation Prize

About a month ago, Marcus posted over on his blog about the Consolation Prize 7 inch that Lockin' Out released back in 2014. Nope. I'd never heard of it. I guess it isn't that big of a surprise, as I was heavily into metal bands back at that time, but here in 2021, when Marcus mentions a hardcore band that I'd never heard of before I jump on it.
Marcus described Consolation Prize as sounding like a long lost Supertouch recording, and man, there is no question about it... this band wanted to wear their inspiration on thier sleeve. There was a time when I wasn't really a big Supertouch fan, but I've really come around to them over the past 10 years...ever since I saw them play at the REV 25th anniversary show in NYC. Now I found myself excited to check out a band that totally cops that Supertouch sound. Yeah, I was digging these Consolation Prize songs and the day after reading the post from Marcus, I was on Discogs buying a copy of the record.
200 pressed on a nice looking gold vinyl.

1 comment:

mcs said...

I am happy to still be a bad influence on you.