Sunday, November 14, 2021

This Is Boston, Not LA

I have a hard time walking away from a live bootleg record. They just look fucking badass, and that goes double for Maiden boots.
The latest live boot from Maiden that I picked up was from the Ed Hunter tour in 1999. I already had a live record from the Los Angeles date on this tour, so I might have ordinarily walked away from this one. However, this record was from Maiden's Boston show at the Orpheum (where I saw Testament, Nuclear Assault and Savatage eight or nine years earlier)... and with Eddie on the cover with an SSD shirt and standing on the steps from The Kids Will Have Their Say cover, I couldn't resist grabbing a copy.
This was Bruce's return to the band, and thier first tour together in six years. They were touring on their greatest hits release, Ed Hunter, and had yet to get in the studio to record Brave New World, so the band had a few songs from the Blaze Bayley era in their set. It is always so cool to hear Bruce sing songs like Futureal and Man On The Edge as I think that this was the only tour that he sang them.
This puts me at nine live bootleg records for Maiden. I still desperately need something from the Piece Of Mind and Somewhere In Time tours!

1 comment:

mcs said...

That is a pretty cool nod to SSD. Probably completely lost on the average Maiden fan.