Monday, November 01, 2021

Face The Flag

A day after picking up the Split Lip 7 inch, I was back to Discogs checking to see what other 90's hardcore records I could grab.
One of the records that I've had my eye on for the past few years is the 411 album, This Isn't Me. This record was a pretty big deal in the early 90's... especially to this scrawny kid from Maine that was just a little late to the hardcore scene and missed out on Dan O'Mahony's previous band No For An Answer. I got to see 411 play Boston in '92, but attendence at the show was pretty low... I think that Vision cancelled last minute, so maybe people bailed because of that, but man, I was still there and up front, screaming along to songs like Face The Flag with all the youthful excitement I could muster.
One of the reasons that I'd been wanting to chase this 411 album was because of how great that vinyl looks.

2 comments:

dvrcboston said...

The spotify plays counter on this album is way too low. That means kids are walking around never hearing this. sad really. absolutely an amazing album. thanks for sharing

mcs said...

Another classic on great looking vinyl. COol that you got to see them play. I never did. I was late to this band - I only heard them at the back end of 93. Still love this record though. Possibly Dan O's greatest moment.