Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Ill Blood

I've been a fiend for newer hardcore bands lately, and I've been willing to check out anything and give it a chance. Even if the record has an awkward and unappealing cover, and the band is named after a hardcore record from the early 2000's that I rarely pull off the shelf. Yeah, sure. I'll even give that a shot.
I don't think that I'd ever heard of Ill Blood before, but REVHQ recently had their 7 inch listed as a new arrival... and with talk of NYHC and Youth Crew... I was down to check it out. I was kind of surprised with out much I liked this record. At times the guitars make me think of In My Eyes, while the songs also remind me quite a bit of Risky Business (who are sadly probably forgotten by most). I may have missed it when this 7 inch came out a couple years ago, but given how quickly time flies lately, two years is nothing, so this is basically a new release.
To match the cover art, this record was pressed on a rainbow of different colors. REV had the yellow vinyl available, but I bet the purple, green and red options look great too.

No comments: