Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Owe You Nothing

I've discovered a lot of newer hardcore bands this year, and I've been having a blast digging into records from the last few years that I somehow missed the first time around. There have been so many great hardcore bands kicking it recently, but one of my favorite finds this year was The Dividing Line. I love my straight edge hardcore full of anger and rage, and TDL certainly hit that sweet spot for me. Their 7 inch from 2018 has been an amazing find for me this year, and when I heard that the band was going to be releasing an album on New Age, I was on the edge of my seat waiting to mash that preorder button.
It feels like I've missed the start of a number of preorders lately, so it felt good to be there on the New Age site as soon as they were launched for the Owe You Nothing record from The Dividing Line. I got burned not having any media mail options, and was stuck having to pay $17 for Priority Mail, but fuck it, I was desperate to get my order in for this record.
I was so excited for this record that I bought two copies...and I'm tempted to go back and grab the white vinyl as well as I think the three colors go great with the cover art. The shitty REVHQ and Cortex colors are gross, so I don't feel the need to get those, so any "collection" I build for this will most likely be incomplete. This album rules though. So pissed off. So straight edge. I can't get enough of it.
I completely forgot that I'd ordered the clear vinyl pressing for the Turn My Back On The World 7 inch. When I opened the package, I was surpised to see this and I thought that New Age might have dropped it in for free. Nope. I guess I was just super excited for TDL records and I forgot that I'd added it to my order.

No comments: